Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Day at the museum

There's a movie coming out that's called Night at the Museum (or is it already in cinemas? or long over! oh no!), so I've been thinking I should be getting out and seeing a museum for myself! And that is what I did!

This frog trooped down to the National Museum of Singapore with Mel and B.J.

Just before we could get in, we had to go get stickers from the counter. The friendly man said Mel and Ben would need some stickers, and he smiled at me. I suppose that meant that frogs wouldn't require stickers to set (webbed) foot in the exhibits, but I stuck out my hand for one anyway. I smiled, so he would know I was a nice frog, and didn't mean him any harm or inconvenience! He smiled back, and didn't seem to understand that what I really meant was Gimme a sticker would 'ya, you buffoon so I waved my hand about in the manner of an angered man. I tried to make my eyes bulge just a little bit more. And I tried to frown a little frown, just in case! And he came to his senses, and (even though he was a little shocked, I could tell) presented me a sticker too!

It was ever so fun! I wore it very happily, and I made sure the man at the entrace could see it very clearly!

And we bumped into some of Mel's friendies. How wonderful! Anyway, we had a look at a Verner Panton exhibit. He designs furniture, and everything was ultra colourful and I was very happy! And there was a room where you could go in and sit about his squishy furniture! I wanted so much to go in, but circumstances were... tricky (what with Ben being all fidgety and dodgy - what is that boy hiding!), so Mel said we'd go back for it another day.

I was wondering if Panton had anything to do with the Pantone code, because the dude seems very interested in colours and such.

I like his stuff, I gave him a thumb-up! And I made my own colour wheel too!

Then we went to take a looky at Mr Christian Lacroix's costume design and sketches. Oh these guys are ever so awesome! I would quite like being in an opera, and wearing a leotard and some of Mr Lacroix's designs. It would be Wonderfulsome. And his designs were modelled in Singapore, at the Fashion Week or sumfink-like-that, not too long ago!

It was a good museum trip! I saw pink tankers also!

Oh hap-hap-happy day!
'Dok!

No comments:

Post a Comment